Monday, November 14, 2011

An Intruduction That Wrote Itself

     So here we are. Me trying to come up with something creative to write, and you trying to find something interesting to read. As this is my first time blogging it might take a while before anything I post becomes either creative or interesting. That I will leave up to you to decide.

     Let's begin.

      A favorite word of mine is fastidious. I first read it in a classic by Jane Austen called Pride and Prejudice. It means posessing or displaying careful, meticulous attention to detail. Or difficult to please. It comes from Old French fastidieux, and also Latin fastidium meaning squeamishness and hautiness. It  is used to describe the character Mr. Darcy perfectly as he was one haughty man.

     Now whenever I come across that word I know exactly what it means. I just remember how Mr. Darcy treated Miss Elizabeth Bennet when they first became aquainted.

     ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment