Thursday, November 17, 2011

Baby Genius On The Move

     The word precocious has come to my attention twice in the last couple days. It means to be ahead in development. Usually referring to children who have surpassed the average estimate of when they achieve  certain milestones.

     As a mother of a soon to be four month old I am often approached by random strangers. After 'oohing, and ahhing' they proceed to ask how old he is. They all look quite surprised when I tell them, and go on to say how they thought he was a couple weeks to a whole month older. I often find myself witnessing such testament of his more than average developmental tendencies. Like when he rolled over at three month and eleven days. I later read that the average baby doesn't start rolling until they are five to six months. Though I don't regard him as being better than most babies, it is nice to know he's healthy, happy, and growing. Like a weed.

No comments:

Post a Comment